Sub Title

A Newfoundland Photography and Knitting Blog by Betty Nolan

Sunday, June 17, 2012

It's About Time You Went Out, Ellen!

Ellen is becoming a house cat! She's been inside so long now that yesterday I had to root her out of her spot by the fireplace. It's not that warm here so I can't blame her for wanting to stay inside, but hey you gotta get used to the cold at some point!

I machine knit an acrylic baby blanket for a friend who is expecting her baby in August. We went to her shower yesterday to deliver the blanket and a few other things that we figure she'll need for the new wee one. I made Ellen go stand by the blanket while I photographed it. Then she rushed right back to the fireplace. 

Speaking of babies..... there's new ducklings at the Pond!

Today was a beautiful day, but still with the cold breeze. Temperature was at 12C late afternoon. Must be a few ice bergs out there somewhere sending that cool breeze our way. When I went for a walk today, I walked through a part of Mount Pearl that's been there for a while. The trees in that area are nice and big. The City has flower gardens planted along the roadside on some of the major streets. I think some of the gardens are cared for by residents. Whoever is looking after them, they're doing a great job! I took a few pictures with my phone.

Speaking of gardens; this week I planted a tiny herb garden.  I have 4 herbs and am watching the weather forecast to see if we will have frost at night. The lady at the flower shop said you can't trust it until the turn of the moon on June 19th. If I'm successful with those herbs, I will certainly expand. I love cooking with herbs (and using essential oils made from them) and would love to just pick them straight from my own garden.  Wish me luck!

The last couple of pictures in this post were sent to me by Angela, my youngest daughter who lives in Vancouver. She sent along a couple of crow pictures that I just have to share with you. You'll know why when you see them!  :-)


Close up of baby blanket

My little herb garden

Perennials in a pot on our back patio

Flowers I planted in the back yard a few weeks ago

City Flower Garden

Another City Flower Garden

One of the trails in Mount Pearl
Neat clouds!

A Mount Pearl Street with dogberry trees


New ducklings at the Pond

Flowers in a yard I walked past

I didn't realize crows shook themselves like dogs!

It's been raining in Vancouver for a couple of days.
This guy is not impressed!




No comments:

Post a Comment