Sub Title

A Newfoundland Photography and Knitting Blog by Betty Nolan

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Backyard Visitors, Ellen!

Recently we've been having a lot of backyard visitors, which are very welcome. They are mostly birds and I've gotten a few pictures of them (and a butterfly!), but they're really quick and I can't always effectively sneak around with the camera in time to get the perfect shot. I've been trying to get a shot of a blue jay who started visiting this week, but he's pretty elusive!

Some backyard visitors are easier to get pictures of....like Angela for example, who is visiting from Vancouver this week with her boyfriend. I wanted to try out the Knit Picks Shine Worsted on the machine as I've only ever knit it by hand up to this point: Alana's and Annie's summer mesh sweaters. Shine Worsted is 60% cotton/40% modal. It feels lovely when knit and Angela is pleased with the outcome.

Two weekends ago I had the privilege of being the backyard visitor, when John and I visited John's sister and her family. I had the pleasure of seeing Joey and Meg again. Joey even did a rolly (kicking up his heels while rolling on his back on the grass) and I caught him on camera. So cute!

I have Ellen on watch for that blue jay! If we get a snap of him/her, we'll certainly post it.





We met this guy on the way to John's sister's house. When we slowed for him to move off the road
he came to the side of the car to check us out!
Joey

Meg

Joey and Meg grazing.

Joey doing a rolly.






No comments:

Post a Comment