Sub Title

A Newfoundland Photography and Knitting Blog by Betty Nolan

Friday, March 16, 2012

Quick! Before It Melts, Ellen!

In Newfoundland, it has been said, "If you don't like the weather, wait around for a few minutes!" That saying rings true most days. So, today when John came home and told me that the trees down on Waterford Bridge Road were laden down with ice from freezing rain, it didn't take me long to make a decision to check it out. I drove as far as Bowring Park and stopped. There was so much ice there, that I didn't need to go further. As I was walking through the Park ice was clinking on the trees and falling all around me.

Kind of slippery under foot, so best that Ellen stay at home by the fireplace.  Knitting in progress, but nothing for her to model today.

I took a bunch of pictures at the Park and figured I'd pick some to show you. A few doggie Paparazzi shots and one crow Paparazzi shot. The crow actually sat in the tree and allowed me to photograph him/her.  I was impressed.

Hope you like 'em.  :-)



My Neighbour's Grass

Plant in a rock garden at the Park entrance

Across the street from the Park entrance

















Ice falling from trees. It kept hitting my hood as I walked along this pathway.





1 comment: