Sub Title

A Newfoundland Photography and Knitting Blog by Betty Nolan

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ellen's Adventure #1

Just back from the weekend adventure in Bridgeport, Newfoundland (near Twillingate - will get to that later in the week) and surrounding areas.  Ellen had a grand time and met so many new friends. Some thought it a little weird that she was hanging out with humans, while others were totally supportive.  All in all, a very productive trip.  There's so much to show you and so much to say that we'll have to do it in a few posts.  

The evening we arrived, the weather was superb and Bridgeport Harbour was beautifully calm so we got to work right away.  Ellen is shown below all cosied up in a sweater I knit for myself in late Spring.  By the time I finished it, the weather was too warm to wear it (although some would disagree!).  The sweater is machine knit, hand finished, with Knit Picks City Tweed HW in a pattern I designed myself.  I wanted a big comfy sweater with a sweatshirt fit.  It should be perfect for Fall.

In the background behind Ellen you'll see the beautiful Bridgeport landscape/seascape, as well as our friends' fishing shed and wharf.

There's more to follow during the week so please check back.  I'll include some non-Ellen photos to give you a taste of this beautiful place.  Ellen thought she should be in all the photos! Wasn't that the purpose of bringing her along? I explained to her that I don't have enough items knit for her to model in many different settings and we don't want to bore our audience.  She reluctantly agreed.  :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment